The coronavirus crisis is not just claiming lives but the state of the pandemic is making people restless and stressed. We don't know when will we go back to normal when things shall get better or quite frankly, what does the new future look like. However, do remember that just as important it is to stay healthy, being mentally well is also important.
1. At times of anxiety, practice breathing slowly for a few minutes. Try and distance the thoughts that are making you anxious. Think of something calm and serene, and slow down your mind.
2. When feeling angry and irritated, calming your mind, counting back from 10 to 1, distracting yourself helps.
3. Even when feeling afraid, deal with it by asking yourself: a. What is under my control? b. Am I unnecessarily worrying about the worst thing that can happen? c. When I have been stressed in the past, how have I managed? d. What are the things I can do to help myself and be positive?
4. There are a lot of support groups, online therapy options you could consider.
5. If you are suffering from a mental illness, or are caring for someone with an illness, remember to be kind. These are tough times, but an even tougher ordeal for those mentally ill to go through.
6. Feeling lonely or sad is also quite common. Stay connected with others. Communication can help you to connect with family and friends. Call up people whom you haven’t spoken to and surprise them. Discuss happy events, common interests, exchange cooking tips, share music.
Copyright © 2021 J.J.Institute of Medical Sciences All Rights Reserved.